If you are an existing member, it's most likely that your membership is due for renewal in April 2019 and that you are currently paying by standing order at the old rate of £18. However, we no longer accept standing order payments and we would really appreciate it if you could use the new online system to renew by following the steps below.
If you've renewed (or are a new member) since November 2018 you are likelly to have done so using this website and paid by direct debit/card in which case you ignore these instructions - you will be notified of your renewal automatically when it's due. Alternatively, if you are a lapsed member (and you are no longer paying us) the process is identical to that below but you will not need to cancel your standing order although it might be worth checking to be sure!
To renew your BAS membership, here are the steps to take:
- Cancel your existing standing order with your bank or building society – payable to the British Aphasiology Society.
- Go to the new membership system using this link https://www.bas.org.uk/ForgotPassword.aspx - then enter the email address we hold for you (email ID) using the "forgotten password" feature to generate a UNIQUE link into your BAS profile.
- Check the email account you use for BAS membership, you should receive an email from Steve Naylor, the BAS website co-ordinator. Using the link in this email, proceed to update your profile and set a new password. You will need to scroll-up and down to see your profile and the information we currently hold about you. Remember to complete all of the fields, and particularly "Communication preferences" to indicate whether you want to receive Newsletters and announcements.
- When your profile is up to date - click on "Membership Status" in the right hand column and complete a new payment using either direct debit or credit/debit card. The default payment is a recurring annual auto-renewal.
- You will receive an email confirming your renewal and payment. Please note that it will take a few days for the renewal date of your BAS membership to update in your profile, particularly if you are paying by direct debit.
The default payment is an annual auto-renewal (just as the standing orders did). You will receive an email reminder next year when your membership falls due.
Should you have any queries please contact email@example.com OR wish to be taken off our mailing list please email me back to let me know.