Membership is open to all people involved in the management, treatment or research of aphasia, both in the United Kingdom and overseas. Our membership is comprised of students, researchers and practitioners from a range of disciplines including speech and language therapy, psychology, linguistics and medicine.
to become a member.
We are a society run by and for the benefit of members. To attend any of our events you must become a member.
- Access to support funds to attend BAS and non-BAS events (see Awards & Funding)
- Email newsletter 3 times a year on national and international work related to aphasia research and aphasia rehabilitation
- Research updates: summaries of recent articles on aphasia
We also offer
- Research funding for small projects (see Aphasia Seed Fund)
- Cash prizes for student work related to aphasia
Members also benefit from reduced rates of up between 50-65% of the full price when subscribing to the following journals
- Cognitive Neuropsychology
- Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Journal of Multilingual Communication Disorders.